Kamo International: Environmental Activist

Kamo International, founded last year in Copenhagen, is a new brand producing contemporary eyewear. In just six months, the brand has developed markets in eight countries, including China, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France. Starting from a classic, clean silhouette, KAMO has built up their impressive collection, currently comprising of a long list of timeless yet cutting edge shapes. Since its inception, KAMO’s goal was to develop high quality eyewear, with a distinctive design at an affordable price. Danish design, made in Italy and Japan with Carl Zeiss sun lenses. Additionally, Kamo International is an environmental activist.

Using recycled acetate together with Mazzucchelli, the market leader in the production of acetate, they process acetate waste into black frames which consist of 97% recycled acetate. The remaining 3% are merely black ink. For the non black-coloured frames, the brand uses bio-based acetate. This material is made without crude oil or toxic plasticisers, bringing pollution down to a minimum. When global warming is intensifying and polar bears are entering the city for food, this carbon-minded green brand deserves additional attention and hopes that more eyewear brands will join this carbon reduction.